Monday, May 08, 2006

Moving Day

I'll start with the standard "sorry for not posting lately, blah blah blah....".

I've recently moved into a 3 bedroom 2 bath house on the south side of 98. Thats the good side of the tracks. I've had the electricity and the water turned on. (I could almost hear the gasps as I typed that) The phone is next, but not absolutely necessary.

The house is partially gutted (the apartment on the back) and I'll be working on that while living in the main house. I'll logically move into the apartment when it's finished and work on restoring the main section. It's a structurally sound place, so it will be mostly cosmetics and asthetics I'll be working on. I'll work on the place at a reduced rate for 40 hours a month to cover rent and the owner will send me a check on the first of every month. There is no time limit, as the owner lives part time in Colorado and the rest of the time in L.A. ("Lower Alabama" to those of you not residing in the southeast). I believe he inherited the place and it's been sitting vacant for a few years. I think everyone's happy. I know I am.

I still have several projects I'm working on so money won't be a problem. I'm just happy to have climate control because it's already becoming sweltering down here. 90's in the day and 90% humididy. Ouch.

Other than that, Chester's fine, I might be taking over payments on a 26' sailboat, and It's going to rain today so I'm taking the day off to finish moving. And now you know the rest of the story.

Good Day. (I stole that from Paul Harvey)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a nice situation!

How about an update on your love life?

tc said...

I did gasp when you said you had the power turned on. Are you sure that isn't going to be too comfy for you?
Glad you're doing well, give Chester a pat from me!
T

prentice said...

What's a love life? Anyway, the electric is nice, but the cable company turned off the cable the second day I was there. Rats. I did get to watch TV for an entire evening. I forgot how lazy I could be!

bamajane said...

Wow! You're really moving up! Electricity can be quite nice! How's the car situation? Want to see you...hope it's soon! Hug Chester for me. Love you! M