Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Change of Pace

After the last fishing trip I'm happy to report I'll be a carpenter for a while again. I'm building a pump house for my friend "Mike with the kids". Rosemoon knows who he is. (By the way, rm, he's been married twice since y'all saw him last and has six, count 'em, SIX kids now) That will be guaranteed $, and that helps pay bills.
It's a beautiful drive up hwy. 65 to Sumatra, and the road has been freshly paved. Nice 30 mile commute. The piece of property I'm working on is right on the Apalachicola river just north of Fort Gadsden. It's really peaceful until the fighter jets from Tyndall AFB decide to dog-fight over the forest. I'm always amazed at the wildlife I see in that neck of the woods. Today I saw a rather large russian boar (they're solid black) visiting my friend's hogs, and several white tail does.
Needless to say, the next couple of posts should be rather safe and mundane (unless while preparing the boat for the next trip something out of the ordinary happens).
The weather is really awesome right now; gusts up to 35 mph and thunderstormy. Not exactly winter weather. I'm hoping for long johns soon.
C-Y'all later

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy cow---Mike! Six kids! Say hey to him for me!

Anonymous said...

Prentice! Answer your father!