Saturday, January 28, 2006

still playing carpenter...

My apologies for not posting lately... I know it gets old checking a blog and finding no new posts.

I'm back to working on a boat built circa 1956 that set a world speed record in 1963. It's a 51 foot Garwood sportfisher. It was the last boat he built and has high collectible value.

I'm the last guy in the line of people in this restoration. The hull's been reglassed and I'm doing the finish work. Currently I'm installing the rub-rails and will move to the decks and then the cabin when we splash her.

If anyone's curious, her name is Frankly Scarlett.

I'll post more pictures as soon as I use up the rest of this roll of film I'm working on.

Yes, I still use snail pics.

Back soon!

1 comment:

tc said...

I'm ready to see some pictures!