Monday, January 02, 2006

foggy new year

Well, this has been interesting weather; It's 70 degrees and we have a pea-soup fog. Grouper season opened yesterday, and the breezy, foggy conditions have prevented us from leaving the dock. The guys that got out will make the big bucks and after about 4 or 5 boats unload the price will plummet from $3.50 to about $2.75. We missed it. Oh, well.

The holidays were relatively uneventful this year. For Christmas I feasted with friends on a big deer ham. The new year came in quietly for me. Friends wanted to go to the big bars on the Island, but I couldn't think of a worse Idea. The Franklin county cops LOVE new year's eve. Instead I spent a quiet evening over at my friend Sandra's house and we watched the new year roll in with a really heavy fog. The temperature at midnight was around 72 degrees. Very strange for January 1.

Hope everyone had the best holiday season ever!!

Ciao!

1 comment:

tc said...

Hi Uncle P! I had a great time in the new year except I had an earache. That is great that you will get to drive a boat. I hope you have a great new year. I still want to learn to play the guitar. Love, Andrew

Hey P!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year and Happy upcoming birthday! We had a blast in China but it was nice getting home. You will love your new little niece. 70 degree weather sounds awesome luckily we aren't that much cooler here.
Love, T