Friday, July 21, 2006

High speed chase!!

Wow, y'all. Today was one of the few days that we Apachicolanders got to experience the thrilling excitement of big city (for example L.A.) life. We watched a high speed chase zig-zag all across town. I don't think they left a street out. (the north-south streets go from ave. A to ave. M; the east-west streets go from 1st street to 25th street) Everyone who was awake got to see it. It was kind of like a Keystone Cops comedy, or maybe Benny Hill. I'm not sure the cops had any cause to believe that they would ever have to deal with this; they never were in control of the situation. If they wanted to stop these guys all they had to do was stake out the two roads leading out of town. (98 east and 98 west) There is no other way out of town unless you're running by boat. (that worked for us, but that's another story) But, the cops had a chance to get over 35 mph and blow the cobwebs off their cars, and the parade of civillians following the chase (despite the vehement objections of the cops) showcased cars who's licence plate stickers expired as early as 1972. THIS WAS THE BEST DAY SINCE THE CIRCUS!

WHEW!

3 comments:

tc said...

hey prent, I finally figured out how to put your link on my blog. Well really rm told me how.
Sounds like a blast in Apalacicola!
T

MF said...

My mom lives a wee bit northwest of you in a small town called Alford, just south of Dothan and I'm amazed at how small-town and "country" things are there. It doesn't feel like Florida to me. They affectionately call the local law enforcement guy Barney :)

Caddie said...

Sounds exciting; wish I could have experienced the show.