Saturday, July 29, 2006

Wow, what a heat wave...

It's been incredibly hot here the past few days. I've been building a set of steps on the Apalachicola city hall in this infernal heat. They were quite large; 12 feet high to the landing and 5 and a half feet wide. I finally finished them Thursday and was very glad to do so. I'll post a picture as soon as I get my film developed. Yesterday (Friday) the temp was 97, which isn't really all that hot, but when you add in the 95% humidity it's torrid. Makes for great chafing, though.

I'm buying a nice redneck vehicle. It's a 4x4 bronco painted camouflage with nice mud stompin' tires. My last truck had the 351 cubic inch carbureted windsor motor and got 12 miles to the gallon. This one has the 302 cubic inch fuel injected motor and I expect over 15 mpg. I'll be happy with that. I'll be able to tow heavy loads and go where most vehicles can't. That's what I look for in a truck. The only thing I don't like about the bronco is that it's an automatic. Oh, yeah, my other truck was an 83 and this one is an 88. I'm really coming up in the world.

My plans after I finish rebuilding the windows on the house I'm working on will be to drive north to Franklin, NC to deliver a tent, AC unit, Boom box, 3 CD's and a side grinder to a friend who moved up there from here. I'll then look for a place to camp and stripe parking lots where it's not so dang hot.

On a different note, my parents and two sisters and their families are down here on the panhandle for a vacation. I'll probably ride over Wednesday to see them. I'm looking forward to it. I'll post some pictures of that auspicious occasion, too.

I hope this post makes it; the last two times I tried they didn't show up on my blog. I don't know what's up with that. I can only hope this one works.

Y'all take care!

1 comment:

MF said...

Um, could you please email me through the link on my profile? I can't find your email addy anywhere here.