Thursday, June 29, 2006

Feast or Famine...

Around Apalachicola it tends to be either feast or famine for a self employed carpenter. I think the pendulum has swung towards feast for me lately. I've been slowly rebuilding my friend's house, but she doesn't have the funds for full time labor. Recently I painted the lines on the parking lot at the local Ace Hardware, and as a result I think I sold Gulf State Bank lines on their lot, too. In addition to that "easy" money, I sold the city a set of steps (they'll pay well) and a door for an historic restoration on the City Hall building. I'm just tickled.

If I get these projects finished before August I'll be able to escape the infernal heat and travel north for a while. My last camping trip to the Pisgah Nat'l Forest was so relaxing and beautiful I think I'll try it again. I know my dog is miserable in this heat; I'm just glad I'm not quite as furry as he is.

Besides the sultry weather and looming thunderstorms there's not much to comment on. Life goes on!

3 comments:

tc said...

We'd love to see you if you did head north. Feast is good :-)
Terri

Anonymous said...

Hey Prent, we'd like to see you, too.

Don't you love the feast or famine thing? It's definitely that way here, too (as you can imagine), and we're in feast mode, also, but we have to spend the "extra" catching up from the famine! How annoying---talk about never getting ahead!

prentice said...

Terri said she'd LOVE to see me....